Monday, February 28, 2011

Batman Quilt

Sorry it has been a while since I last posted. Life has been busy with the kids and I have been getting a few projects finished up. Here is what I am working on right now.

My son, Braeden, loves Batman so I am making him a quilt right now. I found this quilt pattern in the Fall 2010 issue of Fons&Porter's Love of Quilting Easy Quilts Magazine.
I now work on altering the pattern for what I want.

When altering a pattern I usually take a photo of each of the fabric I am going to use and play it with in Photoshop using the basis of the original design until I am happy with it. It is a bit time consuming, but it is what works for me.
I did not do this for this quilt as I was on a retreat when I started it and didn’t have my camera with me and just really wanted to get going on it. So from the original pattern I made these changes:
1. Red Solid = Yellow with Bats
2. Black Solid = Black Solid
3. Gold Solid = Yellow Solid
4. Navy Solid = Black with Stars
5. Green Solid = Yellow Solid
6. Purple Solid = Black with Stars
7. A & B Rectangles = Blue Minky
8. C & D Rectangles = Batman
9. E & F Rectangles = Blue Minky
10. Outside Borders = Batman
11. Binding = Batman

I also usually retype all the instructions and fix them to be what I am making, but I also didn’t do that this time. Guess I am getting lazy or a bit more confident in myself. I haven’t decided how I am going to final quilt this one; I am leaning towards drawing out some large bats since on my other son’s Spiderman Quilt I sewed a spider web for the final quilting. I will post more again soon as I get this quilt finished in the next couple days.

Here is how his quilt is coming together:

It is very cold here and snowing today so I will spend the day working on his quilt and maybe he can cuddle up with it afterschool!

Happy Crafting!!!

2 comments:

  1. This looks great !!! love how its coming together:)

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if u would send me the pattern

    ReplyDelete