Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quilting Day

Yesterday was Family Day here in Alberta so I took advantage of spending the day with my family. The weather even improved so we could spend some time outside! Hope you all enjoyed some family time as well.

Today I thought I would share a quilt I made for my sister for Christmas. A very dear friend of mine got me interested into attempting quilting so I made my son a Spiderman Quilt and found it quite easy and, of course, addicting. Here is my first quilt:
and here is is on his bed:

So, back on topic. I was trying to decide what type of quilt to make my sister and came upon this image on the internet:
I fell in love with it and decided I would attempt it. It was a fussy pattern to make so much of, but I was so happy with the result and she loves it.

I found the dresden plate template on-line, printed it and went from there. I am currently working on my other son's blanket which is Batman and I will post about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment